I have enjoyed nature and it's beauty for as long as I can remember. Photographing it to share is a new hobby. I still have much to learn. Any helpful hints and constructive criticism is always welcome.


I will try to post new items weekly so check back. It is my pleasure to share nature's gifts with you. I find myself amazed at some of the beauty I find while out for a walk.


Feel free to use any postings for personal use. Uses for monetary gains are strictly prohibited.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just living is not enough." said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."

- Hans Christian Anderson

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.

-John Burroughs

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A bit of humor.....

This was too funny of a story not to share.......... It will be especially humorous to others who enjoy watching for wildlife.

My husband and I love to watch birds at our home and as we travel by car.  Our short trip into town follows a winding creek, where we see alot of birds.

After a heavy rainstorm, we spotted a beautiful blue heron standing by the water in a flooded area.  coming home, we were shocked to see it still standing in the same place.

Later that day, we decided to take a slow drive to see if we could see the heron again and take pictures.  Upon closer inspection, we saw that the "blue heron" was actually an old gray upright vacuum cleaner that had washed up after the rain!  We laughed for hours after finally identifying our "bird."

- Brenda Angus, West Liberty, Kentucky in Birds and Blooms Apr-May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment