I have enjoyed nature and it's beauty for as long as I can remember. Photographing it to share is a new hobby. I still have much to learn. Any helpful hints and constructive criticism is always welcome.


I will try to post new items weekly so check back. It is my pleasure to share nature's gifts with you. I find myself amazed at some of the beauty I find while out for a walk.


Feel free to use any postings for personal use. Uses for monetary gains are strictly prohibited.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just living is not enough." said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."

- Hans Christian Anderson

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.

-John Burroughs

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Owlets

These owlets are the young of the Great Horned Owl in my last posting.  We seen the both the parents about 100 feet away in a tree.  They were well hidden among the tree branches watching over the nest.

Two Great Horned Owlets wandering out of the nest in the early morning sun.


This is the older of the brood.  I was told he is about two weeks older than the other two.  Owls can lay eggs that far apart in the same  clutch.  You can see it's adult feathers are almost all in, the other two are still all down.


One of the little ones sitting at the edge of the nest.  He is all fuzz.




This was my favorite shot.  The sun was shining just right on him.


Where the younger owlet is sitting, is where the nest is.  It is in an oak tree about 15 feet off the ground where all the main branch join.


A closer view of the younger one.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment